Ria Formosa Natural Park Brochure
· Consult our Website for Information https://trilhos6.wixsite.com/mysite
· Scan the Qr Code and Play our Ria Formosa Natural Park Trivia on Metaverse (download the App on Google Play Store)
· Use The Word Template given
Panel 1: Cover
The brochure cover must include:
· A title,
· A picture,
· One sentence convincing readers to visit the Ria Formosa Natural Park
· The cover should be appealing and show creativity.
· The purpose of the cover is to create interest in the location.
· A catchy title, colorful photo, and inviting sentence are necessary for creating a great cover.
Panel 2: Frequently Asked Questions
· Students must develop three questions based on the Historical and Natural Importance of this location.
· The questions must be open-ended and show a clear understanding of the area being studied.
· In addition to providing the questions, students also have to provide the answers.
Panel 3: Reasons to Visit
· Panel three requires students to provide three different reasons to visit the Ria Formosa Natural Park.
· Think about the Positive Attributes of this Natural location.
· Don’t forget to include detailed information about three different reasons that you consider important.
· In order to finish the third brochure panel, you must include a picture to represent each reason.
Panel 4: Facts
· The next panel requires students to include four Important accurate Facts about the location.(Example: Important Bird Area; One of the 7 Natural Wonders of Portugal; Listed as a Wetland of World-Wide Interested by the Ramsar Convention)
Panel 5: Region and Map
· Panel five requires students to look closely at the location
· Students must include a brief description of the region, followed by a map of the geography of the location.
Panel 6: Important Species
· The last panel has students identify three important Species related to the Ria Formosa Natural Park. (Chameleons; Flamingos; SeaHorses)
· For each Species listed, students must state one fun fact.
Don’t Forget to Write your names and Countries on your Brochure
Radom Ghetto – two closed Jewish quarters in Radom, established by the German occupier during World War II to concentrate, exploit and exterminate the Jewish inhabitants of the city. One of the largest, next to Kielce and Częstochowa, ghettos in the Radom district. It functioned in various sizes and character from spring 1941 to summer 1944. Several thousand people died there due to illness, hunger and German violence. Almost 30 thousand Jews from Radom and other places imprisoned in the ghetto were killed in Treblinka. Several hundred Jews from Radom survived the war, but most of them later left the city.
The first unofficial information about plans to create a ghetto appeared in Radom as early as January 1940. However, the ordinance on the creation of closed housing districts issued by the staroste of Radom Kujath was issued on April 3, 1941. The Polish population was to leave the area designated for the ghetto by April 10. The deadline for moving Jews was set for April 12. The housing was handled by the Jewish Housing Office operating at the Judenrat and the Housing Office at the City Council of Radom. Jewish residents were allowed to take up to 25 kilos of property per person.
The ghetto consisted of two separate parts – downtown and in the Glinice district . The boundaries of so-called the large ghetto in Śródmieście covered the traditional Jewish district and ran from the Evangelical church down Reja street to Mirecki, then Mleczna street to the Mleczna and Piotrówka rivers, then they crossed ul. Wacław to Przechodnia, crossed Starokrakowska, Mariacka, Narutowicz to Peretz, later parallel from Narutowicz to Bernardyńska and to Wałowa and St. Of the Holy Trinity and then Rwanska to the Market Square and Szwarlikowska St. About 25,000 people lived in the large ghetto . The shape of the closed district was influenced by the compact buildings in the center, so that the existing tenements constituted the border of the ghetto. The occupiers also ordered to brick the ground floor windows in buildings at the junction of the Jewish and Aryan parts of the city. The only gate to the ghetto was at Wałowa Street.